August 19, 2026 Stories worth reading. Perspectives worth sharing.
BREAKING
Amarnath Yatra suspended, Chari Yatra to mark culmination on August 28
Jammu and Kashmir

Amarnath Yatra suspended, Chari Yatra to mark culmination on August 28

trikutareflections August 8, 2026 3 min read

JAMMU

The 57-day long Shri Amarnath Ji Yatra commenced on July 3 this year will remain suspended from Sunday till August 28 when it will culminate with the event of Chari Mubarak.

While J&K administration headed by LG Manoj Sinha has attributed the suspension till culmination on August 28 to inclement weather, sources in the establishement stated that declining number of Yatris, inclemement weather, two back to back terror attacks ahead of Independence Day celebraion and possiblities of attacks in Kashmir have prompted the government to take the decision.

The Yatra commenced simultaneously from both the routes – the Chandanwari track in Anantnag district and Baltal in Ganderbal district.

“More than 4.8 lakh pilgrims have performed Darshan at the Holy Shrine so far. However, due to the recent rains, a necessity for the repair and maintenance of the Yatra tracks at vulnerable stretches has been felt, which is being undertaken by Border Roads Organization (BRO),’ said an official spokesperson.

“In addition, adverse weather conditions have been predicted by IMD over next few days. Hence, the Yatra shall remain suspended from both routes with effect from August 9”, he added.

However, Chari Mubarak shall proceed via traditional Pahalgam route and shall mark the culmination of the Yatra on August 28”, the Divisional Commissioner Kashmir, Anshul Garg said.

He appealed to all the pilgrims to adhere to the advisories issued by the competent authority from time to time in the interest of their safety and the smooth conduct of the Yatra.

A letter purporteldy issued by United Liberation Council, a proxy terror outfit has also been shared by Kashmiri Pandits, which has threatened them of dire consequences.

Issued on August 7th, 2026, it reads, “Asalam Alikum, According to our reliable reports, the puppet occupier administration and security forces in IIOJK have decided to continue their malicious plan of property attachments and harassment against the relatives of Resistance supporters and fighters. Our direct response will be severe, and you will not be able to withstand it in any way. This is a clear message to LG, DGP, and also to those in Delhi that we will not distinguish between individuals. As previously warned, your police force is over 90% local residents who live, celebrate, and move with the community, making it easy to target them anywhere, anytime. We also want to clarify that we are watching the administrative departments, particularly Revenue, where numerous Migrant Pandits are stationed, believing they have Delhi’s backing, and thus behave disrespectfully towards locals. If these Migrant Pandits think they are beyond reach, they are mistaken. We have full details, including their family members and locations. This time, they cannot even hide in Jammu, as we will pursue them there if necessary. The excuse of ‘work from home’ will no longer hold.

Sushant Koul

Rohit Raina

Sahil

Sawan

Shikha

Ashwani

This is just a small selection from one department among the information we possess. Do not force us to write to them ‘late’ at the beginning — change your ways.

Soldier of Resistance

Media Coordinator

Ahmad Bilal

ULC

Leave a Comment